Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 12-4-17
On Monday, December 4th at 3:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a Local School Improvement Council (LSIC) Meeting at 3 pm at the Marlinton Middle School, followed immediately by a; regular Board of Education Meeting at the same location Below is the agenda.
The regular Board of Education meeting will begin with approval of this meeting’s agenda, and then the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive Informational Reports from:
- Hunter Tankersley, the PCHS Student Representative to the Board
- Lauren Bennett of the Pocahontas County Parks and Recreation
- And Lisa Dennison, the Child Nutrition for the Pocahontas County Schools.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters including: Payment of vender bills; Approval of the Bank Reconciliation for the month of October and the approval of Extra Duty Pay for November.
They will then take up the following items on the “Miscellaneous” portion of the agenda:
- Approval for the Pocahontas county Parks and Recreation to construct an access trail on the Marlinton Elementary School campus for fisherman to access Knapps Creek.
- Approval of making an initial deposit not to exceed $500 towards paying the fees for expert witnesses in the civil case against the WV Department of Education which will attempt to recover student aid money wrongfully not paid. The cost of these witness fees will be shared among the six school districts who are plaintiffs in this lawsuit.
- Approval of Community and Parent Volunteers.
The Board will then consider approval of the Professional and Service Personnel Agenda which can be found with this story on our website, www.alleghenymountainradio.org.
The Board members will then each have the opportunity to present comments to the Board, following which the meeting will be adjourned.
The link below will open the actual agenda and the Professional and Service Personnel Agenda for this meeting as published by the Pocahontas County Board of Education