1-5-21 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its January 5th regular meeting starting at 8:30 a.m. at their office in the County Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda.
Since this is the first meeting of the new calendar year, the commissioners at 8:30 a.m. will reorganize the County Commission, which includes voting one of the commissioners to be President of the commission for 2021, and making County Commission board appointments for the upcoming year.
At 8:40 they will approve any exoneration orders and will approve the minutes from the prior meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment to the commissioners at 8:45 a.m.
At 9:00 a.m. the commissioners will consider a request to remove the Executor of the Jean Evelyn Bennett Estate.
At 9:15 a.m. Jason Bauserman and others will deliver the Annual Update for the Pocahontas County Historic Landmark’s Commission
At 9:30 a.m. Tim Wade and others from the Huntersville Historical Traditions will update the commission on restoration of the old County Clerk’s Office in Huntersville.
The Commissioners will also take up the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- They will discuss and consider approving final Settlements and Orders
- The commissioners will be briefed on mail items received since their last meeting.
- The Commissioners will then approve the following appointments to two-year terms on the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Sam Felton, the Mayor of Marlinton.
- Mike Vance, the Mayor of Durbin.
- Gail Siers, the Mayer of Hillsboro.
- Heather Niday of Allegheny Mountain Radio
- Leisha Cassell Barlow of the Frank-Durbin Volunteer Fire Department.
- John Leyzorek, the Community Representative.
- And Mike Holstine of the Green Bank Observatory
The commissioners will approve invoices and then adjourn the meeting.
Instructions for joining this meeting via Zoom Meeting can be found below:
Meeting ID 929 2369 0792