12-17-19 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its December 17th regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. at their office in the County Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda.
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment to the Commissioners at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40 p.m. BJ Gudmundsson of Preserving Pocahontas will deliver their annual update to the commissioners.
At 5:45 p.m. the Commissioners will open the sealed bids for gasoline for all the courthouse offices for 2020, and award the winning bid.
At 6:00 p.m. Eric Werner and Cynthia Gurreri of the Pocahontas County Arts Council will deliver the Council’s annual update to the Commissioners.
At 615 p.m., the Commissioners will hear from Benjamin Lukacek and will hold a discussion and possibly take action following their review of Lukacek’s homestead exemption, and the reason for its denial.
At 6:30 p.m. the Commissioners will hear from Carol Bush from the US Census Bureau and receive her update regarding the 2020 census.
The Commissioners will also take up the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- They will discuss and consider approving final Settlements and Orders
- The commissioners will be briefed on mail items and concerns received since their last meeting, and, after discussion, consider taking any appropriate actions on these.
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider approval of Pocahontas County Farmland Protection Program resolutions for conservation easements for Shannan Hanley and Kevin Underwood.
- They will consider adopting a resolution in support of coal miners’ pensions and healthcare.
- The Commissioners will schedule the 2020 Board of Review and Equalization hearings dates.
- Bob Martin, the Commission’s Counsel, will deliver a report to the Commissioners concerning legal issues that he has been working on for them.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
To see the official agenda for this meeting as published by the Pocahontas County Commission, click here 12-17-19 Actual Commission Agenda DOC