4-20-21 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
On Tuesday, April 20th the Pocahontas County Commission will meet in Special Session at 3:30 p.m. at their office in the Courthouse in Marlinton. The purpose of this special meeting is to interview candidates to provide architectural and engineering services for the new Office of Emergency Services -or OES-and Emergency Medical Services facility.
The Commission will then hold its regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. with the following agenda,
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment to the commissioners at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:45 p.m., the commissioners will hear from District Ranger Jack Tribble of the U.S. Forest Service Greenbrier District who will provide updates.
At 6:00, the commissioners will hear from Cara Rose regarding support for the “Make It Shine” litter clean-up program.
At 6:15, the commission will award the proposal for a new Office of Emergency Services/EMS facility.
At 6:30, they will award the proposal for broadband consulting services.
At 6:45 the commissioners will open the 911 recorder replacement bids.
At 7:00 pm the commissioners will take up the issue of continuing financial support for the MTA in the county.
The Commissioners will also discuss and consider taking action on the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- Final Settlements and Orders
- Mail items and concerns.
- A budget Revision for the Animal shelter.
- The relocation of the Green Boxes at Bartow.
- A first reading of amendments to the Towing Ordinance.
- The court ruling on the case: Eugene Simmons vs. Pocahontas County Commission
- ARC Building upkeep and utilities
- The purchase of the Seneca property and any restrictions.
- Repairs to the Courthouse cameras viewed at the 911 Center.
- The Frank Tannery and East Fork Industrial Park
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
Instructions for joining the Zoom Meeting for this commission meeting can be found below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 974 6098 4501
Click here to see the officially published agenda –4-20-21 Official Commission Agenda DOC