4-21-20 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its April 21st regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. at their office in the County Courthouse in Marlinton.
The commission has limited the number of persons who will be allowed in the room. To keep the meeting as open as possible, the meeting will be live streamed on the commission’s Facebook page.
To allow public comment, they provided their telephone number, 304-799-6063, which will be open during the meeting. If the line is busy, they urge people to keep trying. Citizens are also permitted to email comments or questions ahead of the meeting to “email@example.com” or call them in to the commission office by telephone.
The meeting will start at 5:30 p.m. with routine opening items, followed by the laying of the 2020-2021 Levy for Pocahontas County.
At 5:35 p.m. there will be an opportunity for the public to comment by telephone to the commissioners by calling 304-799-6063.
The Commissioners will also take up the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- They will consider approving final Settlements and Orders
- The commissioners will be briefed on mail items and concerns received since their last meeting, and consider taking any appropriate actions on these.
- They will discuss and consider action on the WV Covid-19 County Block Grant.
- They will consider approval of an agreement with the Family Resource Network regarding Food Pantry reimbursement
- They will consider the WV Counties’ Risk Pool 2020-2021 Coverage Intent Form.
- They will consider annual inspection agreements with Securi Tech for the 911 Center and for the Courthouse/Jail building.
- They will consider budget revisions and resolutions for the Circuit Clerk and the Assessor.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
The agenda as published by the Commission can be found below.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
David McLaughlin, President
Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner Walt Helmick, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
April 21, 2020
N O T I C E
Due to the unique circumstances and public health risks caused by the coronavirus outbreak, the Pocahontas County Commission will limit the number of persons in attendance at our meeting on April 21, 2020. We will, however, be livestreaming on Facebook, and will also have the Commission’s telephone number (304-799-6063) open during our meeting for any individuals wishing to call in for our 5:35 am agenda item-Public Input/Hear Callers. If our line is busy, please continue to try to call back until we are available to take your calls. Any specific comments or questions for the meeting may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or called in to the Commission’s office ahead of Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you.
The Pocahontas County Commission
5:30 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
5:30 pm. Discussion and/or Action – Laying the Levy for Pocahontas County 2020-2021.
5:35 pm. Public Input/Hear Callers.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The following agenda items have not been assigned a time slot but will be addressed during today’s meeting.)
- Discussion and/or Action – Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – West Virginia CCOVID-19 Pandemic County Block Grant.
- Discussion and/or Action – Agreement Pocahontas County Family Resource Network and Pocahontas County Commission for Food Pantry Reimbursement.
- Discussion and/or Action – Approval of West Virginia Counties Risk Pool 2020-2021 Coverage Intent Form.
- Discussion and/or Action – Annual Inspection Agreements SecuriTech, LLC/Pocahontas County Commission for 911 Center $284.82 and Courthouse/Jail Building $2,042.30.
- Discussion and/or Action – In-House Budget Revision and Resolution for Circuit Clerk $1,000.00 and Assessor $2,200.00.
- Approve Invoices.