4-7-20 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its April 7th regular meeting starting at 8:30 a.m. at their office in the County Courthouse in Marlinton.
The commission inserted at the beginning of their published agenda a statement that only a limited number of persons will be allowed in the room when the meeting is held because of the unique circumstances and health safety issues caused by the virus emergency.
To keep the meeting as open as possible, they emphasized that the meeting, as usual, will be live streamed on the commission’s Facebook page.
To allow public comment, they provided their telephone number, 304-799-6063, which will be open during the meeting to receive questions or input by citizens during the hear callers portion of the meeting or input about specific agenda items If the line is busy, they urge people to keep trying. In addition, citizens are permitted to email comments or questions ahead of the meeting to “email@example.com” or called in to the commission office at the above telephone number.
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment by telephone to the commissioners at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear from Mike O’Brien, Director of Emergency Management, who will ask the commissioners to approve their Emergency Management Performance Grant application and will also ask the commissioners for permission to enter into an agreement with TOMTOM to sharing 911 addressing data.
The Commissioners will also take up the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- They will discuss and consider approving final Settlements and Orders
- The commissioners will be briefed on mail items and concerns received since their last meeting, and, after discussion, consider taking any appropriate actions on these.
- They will consider continuing the closure and or limited access to county courthouse offices through April 30, 2020.
- They will consider the purchase of two medical grade HEPA negative air machines for Pocahontas Memorial Hospital.
- The Commissioners will discuss and consider issuing a Local State of Emergency for the county.
- They will consider budget revisions and resolutions for various county agencies.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
The agenda as published by the commission can be found below.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
David McLaughlin, President
Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner Walt Helmick, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
April 7, 2020
N O T I C E
Due to the unique circumstances and public health risks caused by the coronavirus outbreak, the Pocahontas County Commission will limit the number of persons in attendance at our meeting on April 7, 2020. We will, however, be livestreaming on Facebook, and will also have the Commission’s telephone number (304-799-6063) open during our meeting for any individuals wishing to call in for our 8:35 am agenda item-Public Input/Hear Callers. If our line is busy, please continue to try to call back until we are available to take your calls. Any specific comments or questions for the meeting may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or called in to the Commission’s office ahead of Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you.
The Pocahontas County Commission
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
8:45 a.m. Michael O’Brien Pocahontas County Emergency Management Director – Discussion and/or Action-Approval of 2018 Emergency Management Performance Grant Application.
Michael O’Brien Pocahontas County 911 Director – Discussion and/or Action-Permission to Enter Into Agreement with TOMTOM for Sharing 911 Addressing Data.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Continued Closure and/or Limited Access of Pocahontas County Courthouse and County Offices Through April 30, 2020.
- Discussion and/or Action – Purchase of Two (2) Medical Grade HEPA Negative Air Machines for Pocahontas Memorial Hospital.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas County Commission Declaration of Local State of Emergency.
- Discussion and/or Action – Budget Revision and Resolution for Prosecuting Attorney, Community Corrections, One Room University and Capital Outlay Law Enforcement; Discussion and/or Action – In-House Budget Revision and Resolution Tax Office and Emergency Services.
- Approve Invoices.