5-18-21 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
On Tuesday, May 18th the Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. with the following agenda.
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment to the commissioners at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:45 p.m., the commissioners will consider writing a letter of support for the Town of Marlinton’s application for a congressionally directed spending request to make improvements to the town’s sewer system,
At 6:00, the commissioners will hear from Steve Rawlins regarding insurance coverage and consider approval of using the West Virginia County Risk Pool insurance for the upcoming fiscal year.
The Commissioners will also discuss and consider taking action on the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- Final Settlements and Orders
- Mail items and concerns.
- Approval of appointing Ruth Taylor to a three-year term to Dramas, Fairs and Festivals.
- Approval of appointing David Dragon to a six-year term to the Public Service District.
- Conduct a second reading and consider final adoption of amendments to the Towing Ordinance.
- The commissioners will discuss and consider the recommendation of the Broadband Council that they allow Region 4 to seek up to one and a half million dollars in ear mark money through Senator Manchin for broadband enhancement in the county.
- They will continue the discussion of ARC Building upkeep and utilities and possibly take action on this.
- They will consider authorizing various year-end budget revisions and resolutions for revenues and expenditures for courthouse offices.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
Instructions for joining the Zoom Meeting for this commission meeting can be found below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 818 136 1801
To see the official meeting agenda as published by the Pocahontas County Commission, click here –5-18-21 Official Commission Agenda