5-5-20 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its May 5th regular meeting starting at 8:30 a.m. at their office in the County Courthouse in Marlinton.
Only a limited number of people will be allowed in the room when the meeting is held because of the virus emergency, however the meeting will be broadcast via live video on the Commission’s Facebook page, and the public is invited to contact the commission with comments or questions either before or during the meeting at 304-799-6063.
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment by telephone to the commissioners at 8:35 a.m.
Since there are no other items on this agenda that are assigned a specific time, the Commissioners will take up the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- They will discuss and consider approving final Settlements and Orders
- The commissioners will be briefed on mail items and concerns received since their last meeting, and, after discussion, consider taking any appropriate actions on these.
- They will consider annual inspection agreements with SecuriTech for the 911 Center and for the Courthouse/Jail building.
- They will vote on a motion to rescind the previous motion passed at the April 21st meeting to place the check for one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) received from the WV Covid-19 County Block Grant into the general fund. They will then consider creating “Fund 206” for those grand funds and deposit that $100,000 check into a separate checking account for Fund 206.
- They will discuss and consider action on the continued closure and or limited access to the county courthouse and county offices.
- They will change the county election holiday from May 12th to the new election date of June 9, 2020.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
The agenda as published by the commission can be found below.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
David McLaughlin, President
Jesse A. Groseclose, Commissioner Walt Helmick, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
May 5, 2020
N O T I C E
Due to the unique circumstances and public health risks caused by the coronavirus outbreak, the Pocahontas County Commission will limit the number of persons in attendance at our meeting on April 7, 2020. We will, however, be livestreaming on Facebook, and will also have the Commission’s telephone number (304-799-6063) open during our meeting for any individuals wishing to call in for our 8:35 am agenda item-Public Input/Hear Callers. If our line is busy, please continue to try to call back until we are available to take your calls. Any specific comments or questions for the meeting may also be emailed to email@example.com or called in to the Commission’s office ahead of Tuesday’s meeting. Thank you.
The Pocahontas County Commission
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- County Commission Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – SecuriTech LLC-Annual Fire Alarm Inspection Agreements for Courthouse/Jail Building $2,042.30 and 911 Center $284.82.
- Discussion and/or Action – Motion to Rescind Previous Motion of April 21, 2020 to Place Grant Funds in General Fund and Creation of Fund 206 and Separate Checking Account for $100,000.00 State Grant.
- Discussion and/or Action – Continued Closure and/or Limited Access to Pocahontas County Courthouse and County Offices.
- Discussion and/or Action – Change of May 12, 2020 (Election Day) Holiday to June 9, 2020.
- Approve Invoices.