6-15-21 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
On Tuesday, June 15th the Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. with the following agenda.
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for the public to comment to the commissioners at 5:35 p.m.
At 5:40, the commissioners will talk with Donna Ward of the Region 4 Planning and Development Council consider CDBG-MIT application approval and signature.
At 5:45, there will be an opening of bids and awarding of a bid for engineering services for the upgrades to the 911 tower.
At 6:00, the commissioners will hear from Ruthana Beezley of the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation (or GVEDC) who will provide an update and they will consider requesting the return of property previously conveyed from the county to the GVEDC with the understanding that the property would be for economic development, yet no economic development has been done at this time.
At 6:15, they will consider approval of part-time Emergency Management help.
At 6:30, Laura Young of the Family Resources Network will discuss the American Rescue Plan funds with possible commission action on this.
At 6:45, the commissioners will consider acceptance and a resolution for the Justice and Community Service Community Corrections Program grant award of $51,000 and approval of the MindEase Solutions contract for the upcoming fiscal year.
At 7:00, Amanda Smarr of Region 4 will ask for consideration, approval and signature of the Asset Mapping CDBG-MIT application.
At 7:15, Carrie Parker will discuss 911 addressing and road names with the commissioners.
The Commissioners will also discuss and consider taking action on the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- Final Settlements and Orders
- Mail items and concerns.
- Consideration of continuing the use of Zoom Meetings for commission meetings.
- A follow-up on an email received regarding filling Selective Service Board vacancies
- Approval of appointing people to vacancies on the Solid Waste Authority; the 911 Advisory Board; the Civil Service Board; the GVEDC; Community Criminal Justice Board.
- Designation of county Depositories (banks) for the upcoming fiscal year.
- The Sheriff’s proposal for law enforcement in the RAD.
- The scheduling of a Special Commission Meeting to pay year-end invoices.
- Approval of a Farmland Protection Resolution and/or Conservation Easement for Tolly Peuleche and Shawn Clotworthy.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
Instructions for joining the Zoom Meeting for this commission meeting can be found below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 818 136 1801