7-20-21 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
On Tuesday, July 20th the Pocahontas County Commission will hold its regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. with the following agenda.
They will begin the meeting by approving any exoneration orders and approving the minutes of their previous meeting, followed by the opportunity for public comment at 5:35 p.m.
Also, at 5:35, the commissioners will consider approval to have Thompson & Litton, Inc. assist with the NITA Broadband Grant funding application with the $51,333.50 available funds in their current contract.
At 5:45 the commissioners will consider removing Estate Representatives from both the Wilma Wilson Estate and the Jane Pitzer Estate.
At 6:00, the commissioners will discuss can consider action on the Frontier maintenance and service plans.
At 6:15, they will consider what action to take regarding the High Rocks Foundation’s 2020-2021 commission contribution.
At 6:30, the commissioners will discuss the Frank Tannery Office building with the Upper Pocahontas County Cooperative and consider any appropriate action.
The Commissioners will also discuss and consider taking action on the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- Final Settlements and Orders
- Mail items and concerns.
- Discuss with Wendy Greve a pending law suit settlement.
- Approving a Part-time 911 dispatcher.
- A Budget Revision and Resolution General Fund and coal Severance unencumbered balance for 2021-2022.
- The reappointment of Denise McNeel to a five-year term on the Pocahontas County Libraries and Visitor Information Centers.
- The approval of Thompson & Litton, Inc. as the consultant for the Appalachian Regional Commission Broadband Grant.
- Writing a letter to Frontier Communications to ask them to include individuals’ names in their telephone books.
- An updated Resolution for fire department and rescue squad funding.
- A resolution for a “special use permit” from the U.S. Forrest Service.
- A general discussion on a Courthouse Annex and Courthouse Facilities Improvement Authority request for funding.
- The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.
Instructions for joining the Zoom Meeting for this commission meeting can be found below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 818 136 1801