9-17-19 Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its September 17th regular meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. at their office in the County Courthouse in Marlinton with the following agenda.
They will begin the meeting by approving any Exoneration Orders and approving the minutes of the September 3rd regular meeting.
At 5:40 p.m., Cara Rose, the Executive Director of the Pocahontas County Convention and Visitors Bureau will deliver for the Commissioners discussion and action, the Bureau’s Annual Report and Financial Review and also present an update on the Bicentennial Celebration preparations.
At 5:45 p.m., the Commissioners will hear from Alice Arbuckle who will introduce them to the Kanawha County Animal Cruelty and Canine Tethering Ordinance and request that the Commissioners amend the Pocahontas County Dog Ordinance using the Kanawha Ordinance as a model.
The Commissioners will also discuss and consider taking action on the following items which are not assigned a specific time on the agenda.
- Approval of final Settlements and Orders
- Commission mail items and concerns
- A resolution designating the Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation as the County’s lead economic development organization for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
- The Pocahontas County Sheriff’s request for approval of a weapons notification posting at the Courthouse.
- The checking account for the Pocahontas County Broadband Study.
- A report from their Counsel, Bob Martin
The Commissioners will then approve invoices prior to adjourning the meeting.