Agenda for the April 20th Pocahontas Board of Education Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will reconvene the March 9th Special Levy meeting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at the Board of Education Office in Buckeye.
The agenda for the Levy meeting will consist of approval of the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Tax Levy estimate which was presented at the March 9th meeting and has been approved by both the State Board of Education and the Tax commissioner.
The regular Board of Education meeting will begin immediately after the Tax Levy meeting with the following agenda.
After the regular opening procedures and items, the board will hear from any public delegations wishing to express their opinions to the board members.
Superintendent Beam will then deliver his report and any special recognitions to the board.
Informational reports will be made by the following:
- Alan Gibson, the Student Representative;
- Johnathan Paul, Derek Trull, and Lois Wilfong regarding Community in Schools;
- Ruth Bland regarding the Multicultural Plan;
- And by Sherry Radcliff who will present a PowerPoint program on the COVID grants.
In financial matters, the board will approve routine financial matters as well as the following additional financial items:
- Approval of the 2020 Financial Audit
- Authorization to amend the FY 2021-2022 Annual Budget at the May 11th BOE meeting in the event the WV Department of Education makes changes to their calculations due to legislative actions.
The board members will next take up the following miscellaneous matters:
- They will consider approval of a retainer agreement for legal services with Dinsmore and Scholl LLC. For the 2021-2022 School Year.
- Approval of their annual Integrated Pest Management Agreement with J.C. Ehrlich effective April 2021.
- Approval of Dual Credit courses at PCHS for next school year.
- Approval of Advanced Placement (AP) courses at PCHS next school year.
- Approval of a three week out-of-season athletics practice for the schools from June 14th to July 2nd.
- Approval of next fiscal year’s schedule of Board of Education Meetings.
- The board members will review the school Re-entry plan and consider any recommended changes or revisions to it.
- They will then consider approval of the recommended service and professional personnel actions.
The board members will then hold a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.
To obtain directions to listen to this meeting via Zoom Meeting or through the Board of Education’s website, click on following link to the official BOE published agenda for this meeting –4-20-21 BOE Official Agenda