Agenda for the November 30th Pocahontas Board of Education Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a Local School Improvement Council Meeting at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at the Hillsboro Elementary School, which will include a meeting with the staff at that school. This will be followed by the regular Board of Education meeting, also held at the school starting at 5:15 p.m.
The agenda for the regular meeting is as follows.
Following regular opening procedures and items, the board will hear from any public delegations wishing to express their opinions to the board members.
Superintendent Beam will deliver his report and any special recognitions to the board.
An Informational report will be presented by Kyle Wayne, the Student Representative to the board.
Following the board’s approval of routine financial matters, the board members will approve the fourth bank draw from Pendleton Community Bank to Country Roads Leasing concerning their energy performance contract; and consider approval of their Management Representation Letter concerning their State single audit as of June 30, 2021 which includes a fee of $24,900.
The members will then consider approval the following miscellaneous matters:
- Acceptance of the bid of $250,000 from Robert A. Sheets for their 96.4-acre unneeded property in Green Bank.
- The Clinical Teacher of Record Program Agreement with Fairmont State University.
- Allowing an overnight trip by the PCHS VEX Robotics Team using private vehicle to Martinsburg, WV leaving February 4, 2022 and returning on February 5, 2022 for a VRC Competition. Associated fees will be paid for by the PCHS Stem Club.
- Authorization of an additional list of parent and community volunteers for the current school year.
- And of the recommended service and professional personnel actions.
The board members will then hold a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.
You can find the recommended list of personnel actions and the proposed list of parent and community volunteers by clicking on this link to the officially published agenda for this meeting –11-30-21 BOE Official Agenda PDF