Agenda for the October 10th Pocahontas Board of Education Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at the board’s conference room in buckeye, WV. The directions to listen to this meeting via Zoom Meeting can be found at the end of this story.
The agenda for this meeting is as follows.
Following regular opening procedures, the board will hear any public delegations wishing to express their opinions to the board members.
Superintendent Beam will deliver his report and any special recognitions to the board.
Informational reports will be made by Kyle Wayne, the Student Representative; Doctor Robert Must, who will talk about masks; and by both Jacob Green and Kari Rice of the West Virginia Schools for Diversion and Transition.
Following the board’s approval of routine financial matters, the board members will consider approval of an emergency fiscal year 2022 grant contract from the School Building Authority for the sewerage treatment plant at Pocahontas County High School (PCHS.)_
They will then consider approval of the following miscellaneous items:
- A Youth Reporting Services Memorandum of Understanding to provide an adequate and appropriate educational opportunity for school-aged juveniles within the WV Bureau of Juvenile Services.
- For Hillsboro Elementary School to participate in the WV Department of Education’s “Purple Star Award,” to support military children and their families.
- For up to four PCHS ProStart students and Ms. Teresa Mullen, their ProStart Instructor to travel by private vehicle to the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs on November 14th and return on November 16th to participate in restaurant management and culinary arts seminars.
- To start an “Esports” Team at PCHS. Volunteer instructors for these grant-funded after school STEM initiative video game competitions will be Cammy Kesterson and David Moore for this school year.
- Of a proposed list of parent and community volunteers.
- To allow Daniel Scarbro and the “Modded Squad Car Club” to use the parking lot of the old Board Office from 4-8 pm of October 30th for a Trunk or Treat event.
The board members will then review the school re-entry plan and consider any recommended changes or revisions to it, consider approval of a recommended list of personnel actions then conduct Matters of the Board discussions.
To obtain directions to listen to this meeting via Zoom Meeting; or to view the proposed personnel actions, go to the following link to the officially published agenda –10-12-21 BOE Official Agenda PDF