Agenda for the September 20th Pocahontas Board of Education Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a Local School Improvement Council meeting at 3 p.m. on Monday, September 20, 2021 at the Pocahontas County High School. This will be followed at 4:15 p.m. by their regular board meeting. Due to community interest, the meeting will be Zoomed. The Zoom meeting can be joined beginning at 4:00 p.m. Please note this meeting is being held on Monday, not Tuesday, when these meetings are normally held.
The agenda for the regular meeting is as follows.
Following regular opening procedures, the board will hear any public delegations wishing to express their opinions to the board members.
Superintendent Beam will deliver his report and any special recognitions to the board.
Informational reports will be made by Kyle Wayne, the Student Representative and by Nathaniel Sizemore who will talk about vaccinations.
Following the board’s approval of routine financial matters, the board members will take up the following miscellaneous matters:
- They will consider approval of Faculty Senate allocations for each school for the 2021-2022 school year.
- They will consider approval of two new NEOLA Policies – one regarding athletic coaches and the other concerning CPR instruction.
- They will consider approval of three revised NEOLA Policies concerning: Supplemental Salary for National Board Certification; Food Services; and Wellness.
- The board members will review the school Re-entry plan and consider any recommended changes or revisions to it.
- They will then consider approval of the recommended service and professional personnel actions.
The board members will then hold a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.
To obtain directions to listen to this meeting via Zoom Meeting; or to view the proposed personnel actions, go to the following link to the officially published agenda –9-20-21 Official BOE Agenda PDF