Agendas for the Pocahontas BOE and Commission Meetings on Tuesday 2/16/21
On Tuesday, February 16th, both the Pocahontas County Commission and the Pocahontas Board of Education will hold separate meetings, both beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Commission meeting will be held in the Commission’s Office in the Courthouse in Marlinton, while the Board meeting will be held in their conference room at the Board Office in Buckeye.
Links to both of these official agendas, which include instructions to remotely join these meetings can be found at the end of this story.
First, here is the agenda for the County Commission Meeting:
After normal opening procedures, and the opportunity for public input at 5:35 p.m., the commissioners have scheduled a Board of Review and Equalization hearing for 5:45.
At six o’clock, Patricia McNaull of the county Humane Society will request a contribution from the Commission.
At 6:15, Jason Bauserman, representing the Upper Pocahontas Community Cooperative will discuss the future of the Tannery Office Building in Frank, WV.
At 6:30. Mary Beth Barr of the Pocahontas Memorial hospital will request for approval for the hospital to purchase a lot across from the hospital.
Other Agenda items that are not set for a specific time include:
- The scheduling of 2021 Budget work Sessions
- The inclusion of the Fire Board’s fiscal audit into the County Audit.
- An update from Mike O’Brien regarding the excavation of a parking lot outside the 911 Center.
- An update of the Courthouse Roof.
- Rita Griffith will brief the commissioners on the 2022 Community Corrections Grant for the Day Report Center.
- The appointment of Louise Burner to the county Dramas, Fairs and Festivals.
- Commissioner John Rebinski will brief the commissioners on the availability of local TV channels.
Here is the agenda for the Board of Education meeting, which also starts at 5:30 p.m.
The meeting will open with a public hearing regarding the proposed 2021-2022 School Colander followed by the regular opening procedures, which include the opportunity for public comment via Delegations.
The Board will receive a Superintendent’s report and special recognitions from Terrence Beam, followed by the following informational reports:
- Alan Gibson, the student Representative
- Senior Information Reports from Linda Beverage, Michelle Wilfong, Joseph Riley, and Kathy Mason.
- An Academic report from Lynne Bostic.
After approving routine financial reports, the Board Members will consider approval of the February 16th revisions to the Re-entry Plan, followed by consideration of proposed Service and Professional Personnel actions.
The Board Members will conclude the meeting with a Matters of the Board Discussion.
The official agenda for the Commission Meeting can be found here: 2-16-21 Official Commission Agenda DOC
The official agenda for the BOE meeting can be found here: 2-16-21 BOE Official Agenda PDF