April 6th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 6th the meeting will be held at the Commission’s office in the courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda.
Although the meeting is open to the public, it will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found at the end of this story on our website, alleghenymountainradio.org.
Following the routine opening procedures, the commissioners will hear public comments at 8:35 a.m.
At 8:45, the commissioners will hear from Cara Rose of the Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB.) Rose will ask the commissioners for a letter of support for the Snowshoe Highlands Area Recreation Collaborative’s ARC Power Grant application with Region 4 being the fiscal sponsor. Rose will also provide an update about the new AirBNB law regarding the Hotel-Motel Tax.
At 9:00, there will be a discussion and possibly action about the Board of Education’s COVID funds provided for the USDA Distance Learning Grant.
At 9:15, Commissioner John Rebinski will lead a discussion, and District Ranger Jack Tribble of the U.S. Forest Service’s Greenbrier District will provide updates for the commissioners.
At 9:30, Zachary Graham, the Flood Control Officer for the Town of Marlinton will provide the commissioners with an explanation of the town’s flood control maps.
At 9:45. The commissioners will consider approval of annual inspection agreements with SecuriTech LLC for the 911 Center and the Courthouse/Jail complex.
At 10:00, Commissioner Rebinski will continue the discussions about possible amendments to the towing ordinance.
The following items on the agenda do not have a specific time assigned during the meeting.
- Approval of final settlements and orders
- A discussion of mail items and concerns
- Consideration of approval of an in-house Budget Revision involving the refund of an insurance payment for supplemental costs in the amount of $2,972.00 regarding a 2015 Dodge Charger.
- Commissioner Helmick will lead a discussion about possible action regarding the Seneca Health Service Lot near the hospital.
- There will be a discussion about and consideration of making application to the WVDEP for establishment of a demolition disposal site at the East Fork Industrial Park.
- The commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
To join the Zoom Meeting go to:
Meeting ID: 934 1178 8874
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,93411788874# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,93411788874# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 934 1178 8874
You may view the agenda as published by the Pocahontas County Commission here: 4-6-21 Official Commission Agenda DOC