Highland Board of Supervisors January Meeting Agenda
The Highland County Board of Supervisors will hold its first regular meeting of 2016 on Tuesday, January 5th, at 7:30, at the Modular Conference Center in Monterey.
The meeting will open with organizational needs, which include election of a chairman and vice chairman, adoption of procedural rules, and establishment of Board schedule of meetings.
After the organizational period, the Board will hear an update on county roads and projects from representatives of the Virginia Department of Transportation.
There are five action items on the agenda. They are:
- Discussion of an appointment of a member to the Tourism Council for a four year term, ending in December of 2019.
- Adoption of a resolution to set third quarter appropriation for school funding
- Reviewing a request from the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission for resolutions concurring with and approving the recommended amendments to the Charter Agreement and Bylaws
- Reviewing recommendations from the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission for updates to the Comprehensive Plan Transportation Chapter including designation of an Urban Development Area(s)
- And Reviewing a request from Wythe County to adopt a resolution requesting an amendment to the Code of Virginia to allow all Virginia counties the power to levy tax upon the sale or use of cigarettes
After action on these items, the Board will address old and new business, and hear reports and recommendations from the County Administrator. They will then adopt the consent agenda, followed by a period for public commentary.
The meeting will end with closed sessions if necessary.