January 18th Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 18th. The meeting will be held at the Commission’s office in the courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda.
Following the routine opening procedures, the commissioners will hear public comments at 5:35 p.m.
Also scheduled for 5:35 p.m., the commissioners will hear from two representatives of the Region 4 Planning & Development Council
- Amanda Smarr, concerning interview & possible acceptance of City Net as Internet Service Provider.
- Donna Ward, concerning the engineering contract for the Pocahontas Memorial Hospital’s HVAC and roof project.
At 5:45, The commissioners will consider the removal of estate representatives from the Alfred C. Ervine and the William H. Buzzard estates.
At 6:00 they will consider issuing an order regarding consolidating a portion of Precinct 12 with Precincts 13 and 15 of the Central Magisterial District and creating Precinct 22 in the Southern Magisterial District.
At 6:15 they will make the 2022 Hotel Occupancy Tax Allotment.
At 6:30 there will be a first reading of the Second Amended Towing Ordinance.
At 6:45 the commissioners will consider signing the agreement with MTA to allow them to park vehicles at the Hanover Shoe Building.
The commissioners will also discuss and consider approval of the following items which do not have specific times assigned to them.
- Final settlements and orders.
- Mail items and concerns.
- The USDA Reconnect ARR Resolution.
- The appointment of Commissioner John Rebinski to the Region 1 Local Elected Officials Board of WIA, replacing Walt Helmick.
- The appointment of Sgt. Joseph Cromer to the County 911 Advisory Board.
- The Acquisition Demolition/Mitigation Reconstruction of a property in Frost which was flooded in the June, 2021 Flood.
- The storage tanks at East Fork purchased by Kenneth Varner;
Finally, the commissioners will approve invoices then adjourn the meeting.
Although the meeting is open to the public, it will also be available on Zoom Meeting. The instructions to join the zoom meeting can be found below.
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://zoom.us/j/8181361801