June 1st Pocahontas County Commission Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 1st at the Commission’s office in the courthouse in Marlinton, with the following agenda.
Instructions to join the meeting via zoom meeting can be found at the end of this story.
Following the routine opening procedures, the commissioners will hear public comments at 8:35 a.m.
- At 8:45, the commissioners will hear from the Board of Health regarding sound-proofing an exam room.
- At 9:00, The Family Refuge Center will request a proclamation for recognition of Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
- At 9:30, Lisa Cutlip, the District Manager of the Snowshoe Resort Community District, will discuss law enforcement within the Snowshoe Resort Community District.
- At 9:45. The 911 Director, Mike O’Brien, will request a letter of support and memorandum of understanding regarding the National Radio Quiet Zone.
- At 10:00 a.m., Allen Johnson of the Eight Rivers Council will deliver an update and report regarding the Underground Mine Safety Research Facility at Mace.
The following agenda items do not have a specific time assigned to them
- Approval of final settlements and orders
- A discussion of mail items and concerns
- A notice to the public for requests to receive local channels from their satellite TV provider.
- A letter of understanding from the WYK company regarding the OES/911 facility relocation project.
- An update on the COVID-19 requirements in the courthouse.
- Commissioner Rebinski will provide updates on the Tannery building in Frank and on the REAP litter control grant.
- The appointment of Ruthana Beezley to a 5-year term on the Historic Landmarks Commission.
- The appointment of Pamela Burns to a 4-year term as a county resident member of the Farmland Protection Board.
- County Commission Board Updates.
- Approval of invoices
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to: https://zoom.us/j/8181361801
Click here to see the officially published agenda- 6-1-21 Official Commission Agenda