March 9th Pocahontas County BOE Meeting Agenda
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will meet on Monday, March 9th at the board’s conference room in Buckeye, WV. Although these meetings are usually held on Tuesday evenings, because of a scheduling issue for several members, they will hold their meeting on a Monday.
There will be a budget work session beginning at 4:00 p.m., which will be immediately followed by the regular board meeting with the following agenda.
After normal opening procedures, the board will entertain any delegations from the public who wish to comment to the board, and then the School Superintendent Terrence Beam will present his report and offer special recognitions.
The following will then present informational reports or central office updates:
- Sierra Rodriguez, the student Representative.
- Diana Nelson and PCHS Students will deliver an art work presentation.
- Kristie Tritapoe and Eugene Simmons will address the board.
- Jacob Meck will discuss the possible purchase of School Board property.
The board will then consider approval of the following financial matters and reports
- Routine reports and approvals.
- The schedule of proposed levy rates for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2020.
- A resolution for American Fidelity to be the Section 125 Flexible Fringe Benefits Plan Administrator for next fiscal year.
- Paying Mark Buzzard Construction’s invoice on a weekly basis, with the final payment to be withheld until Mr. Hall signs off that the entire project has been satisfactorily completed. The total cost will be $21,100.00.
They will consider the following miscellaneous approvals:
- Approval of a retainer agreement with their law firm, Dinsmore & Shohl for legal services for next school year.
- Approval of the annual pest control agreement with Ehrlich effective March, 2020.
- Approval of a wide area network agreement with Frontier Communications.
- Approval of the annual memorandum of agreement (MOU) with the WVU Cooperative Extension service and with the County Extension Service Committee for next school year.
- Approval of a MOU with Glenville State College to provide PCHS Students with dual enrollment classes next school year.
- Approval of a “Teacher-in-Residency” agreement with WVU.
- Approval of fourteen parent and community volunteers.
- Approval of David Long as a 4th and 5th grade Volunteer Assistant Basketball Coach at Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval of a four-year appointment of the Superintendent effective July, 1, 2020.
- Approval of personnel actions.
The Board Members will then conduct a “Matters of the Board” discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.