Meeting Agenda for the March 9th Pocahontas Board of Education
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s Tuesday, March 9th regular meeting will be held beginning at 5:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Board Office Conference Room in Buckeye. The public may also listen to the meeting by joining the Zoom Meeting or via an audio link to the meeting on the Pocahontas County Board of Education’s Website.
Directions to log onto both of those can be found at the end of this story.
The meeting will begin with the second Public Hearing on the 2021-2022 school Calendar. The board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and any special recognitions he wishes to offer.
Next, the board will hear informational reports from the following:
- Alan Gibson, the Student Representative;
- Lucia Mosesso from the WVU Extension Service;
- Ron Hall regarding the Needs Project.
- Lynne Bostic regarding the Young Writers’ Contest;
- Ruth Bland with an update on technology;
- Joe riley regarding the ELA Curriculum.
The board will then approve routine financial matters and reports as well as approval of the following proposed tax levy rates for the fiscal year ending June 30th:
- Class 1 -$19.40
- Class 2 -$38.80
- Class 3 -$77.60
- Class 4 -$77.60
They board will also consider approving updated Policies for the use of Local Government Purchasing cards; consider a resolution regarding the publishing of financial statements by county Boards of education; and consider a resolution about the distribution of the Legislative Allowance for Increased Student Enrollment.
They will then take up the following miscellaneous items:
- Approval of the 2021-2022 School Calendar;
- Approving of a Memorandum of understanding with the WVU Cooperative Extension Service and with the County Extension Service Committee for the 2021-2022 school year;
- A review of the School Re-entry Plan to see if changes are needed.
- Approval of recommended Service and Professional Personnel actions.
The Board Members will then conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning.
BELOW ARE DIRECTIONS TO LOG ONTO THE ZOOM MEETING
Meeting ID: 858 4026 0399
You may also listen to the meeting on the BOE’s website: – http://pocahontas-k12.wvnet.edu/boe/