Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the July 6th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s Tuesday, July 6th regular meeting will be held beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Board Office Conference Room in Buckeye. This meeting will NOT be available on Zoom Meeting.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and any special recognitions he wishes to offer.
Next, the board will hear any informational reports and Central Office updates.
The board will then approve routine financial matters and reports:
The board will then take up consideration of approval of the following miscellaneous items:
- Advanced Placement Physics as an additional AP course at Pocahontas County High School for the upcoming school year.
- The use of Travelers Insurance Company to provide a Workers Compensation Insurance Policy for this coming school year at an annual premium of $33,087.00.
- the purchase of two gasoline powered Blue Bird seventy-seven passenger school buses at a total cost for both of $174,992.00.
- A one-year extension of an agreement with Pocahontas County Parks and Recreation regarding the use and funding of the Wellness Center.
- An updated or revised policy for the 2021-2022 school year regarding the use of substitutes in areas of critical need and shortage.
- To have Sue Hollandsworth continue as the Pocahontas County Schools’ Board of Education representative to the Southern Education Services Cooperative Committee for the coming school year.
- To have Sam Gibson continue as the Pocahontas County Schools’ Board of Education representative to the West Virginia Extension Office Committee for the coming school year.
- To have Morgan McComb continue as the Pocahontas County Schools’ Board of Education representative to the Day Report Committee for the coming school year.
- To sign the deed to Tract B -2,2 acres more or less, from the Slaven Property in Green Bank to the Pocahontas County Solid Waste authority.
- A discussion with possible action on finalizing the preliminaries for a public bid auction of the remaining 96.4 acres of Tract A of the Green Bank Slaven property.
- A review of the school re-entry plan.
- Consideration of approval of a list of recommended personnel actions.
The Board Members will then conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning.
To see the official agenda as published by the Board of Education, including the proposed list of personnel actions, click here:7-6-21 BOE Official Agenda PDF