Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the June 1st Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s Tuesday, June 1st regular meeting will be held beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Board Office Conference Room in Buckeye. The public may also listen to the meeting by joining the Zoom Meeting or via an audio link to the meeting on the Pocahontas County Board of Education’s Website. Directions to log onto both of those can be found at the end of this story.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and any special recognitions he wishes to offer.
Next, the board will hear informational reports from the following:
- Alan Gibson, the Student Representative.
- Andy Cocina, a Wendel Company representative regarding the energy savings program.
- Tracey Valach regarding Adventure Pocahontas, Nature’s Mountain Classroom.
The board will then approve routine financial matters and reports as well as approval of the following:
- Authorizing the Director of Finance (the Treasurer) to make budget adjustments prior to board approval from June 2nd through June 30th.
- Authorizing the Director of Finance (the Treasurer) to pay invoices prior to board approval from June 2nd through July 6th.
Then, the board will take up the following miscellaneous items:
- Approval to enter into an independent contractor contract with Jeff Wayne as Water Operator at the Green Bank Elementary/Middle School at $50.00 per hour, one hour per week effective June 2nd 2021 through June 30, 2022.
- Approval to enter into the Project Fund Agreement, including a Master Equipment Lease/Purchase agreement with Country Roads Leasing LLC for the energy savings project, including the first invoice in the amount of $57,000.00 to Country Roads Leasing.
- Approval of a resolution to move forward with the Energy Performance Contract.
- Discussion and approval of ESSERF III (or COVID third round) funding for facility improvements.
- Approval to incorporate Adventure Pocahontas, Nature Mountain’s Classroom into the school curriculum for next school year.
- They will discuss and consider putting the board’s Slaven property in Green Bank up for public bid.
- Approval to deed an approximately 2.2-acre tract of the Slaven property to the Pocahontas County Solid Waste Authority for the site of their green boxes, at no cost. However, the solid Waste Authority will pay all fees associated with this transfer.
- A review of the school re-entry plan with consideration of any recommended revisions.
- Consideration of approval of a list of recommended personnel actions.
The Board Members will then conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning.
To see the official BOE Agenda for this meeting as well as the proposed personnel actions, click here –6-1-21 Official Agenda PDF
BELOW ARE DIRECTIONS TO LOG ONTO THE ZOOM MEETING
Meeting ID: 867 4584 2563
You may also listen to the meeting on the Board’s website: – http://pocahontas-k12.wvnet.edu/boe/