Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda for the May 24th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education’s next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 24th at the Board of Education’s office in Buckeye. The meeting will start at 6:00 p.m.
After normal opening procedures, the board will hear any delegations from the public, and then receive the Superintendent’s report and his special recognitions.
Next, the board will hear an informational report from the Student Representative to the Board, Rachel Burns.
The board will then consider approval of routine financial matters and reports.
The board will consider approval of the Pocahontas County School’s 2022-2023 budget.
That will be followed by their approving an increase of extra-duty pay from $22.00 per hour to $25.00 per hour for professional employees; from $14.00 per hour to $17.00 per hour for service employees; and from $50.00 to $60.00 for activity and/or enrichment runs. All these rate changes will take effect on July 1, 2022 through the 2022-2023 school year.
The board will next consider approval of the following miscellaneous matters:
- Revisions to two Neola policies.
- Possible action on setting a $50,000 budget for the Adventure Pocahontas -Nature’s Mountain Classroom Program for the 2022-2023 school year.
- A program agreement with WVU regarding the Clinical Teacher of Record Program.
- A Memorandum of Understanding with MIT Noyce Fellowships Project, which is related to Jennifer Nail-Cook as the Cohort 1, in supporting improvement in mathematics teaching and learning for the third-year of that five-year program.
- The 2022-2023 meeting schedule for the Board of Education.
- The recommended Service and Professional personnel actions.
- And the Superintendent’s evaluation for the 2021-2022 school year.
Lastly, the board members will conduct a Matters of the Board discussion prior to adjourning the meeting.
You can view the official agenda for this meeting, which includes the recommended Service and Professional personnel actions, by clicking here: 5-24-22 BOE Official Agenda PDF