Pocahontas BOE Meeting Agenda — June 8th
The June 8th Pocahontas County Board of Education meeting will start at 6 pm at the BOE Office in Buckeye, but will be closed to the public because of the virus danger. There will be an audio link on the BOE’s website, and an audio link via Zoom Meeting. The address for the BOE Website is:
The directions for viewing this meeting via Zoom Audio Link can be found below.
Meeting ID: 857 7071 1324
The agenda for this meeting includes normal opening procedures, followed by the Superintendent’s Report and special recognitions.
Next, there will be informational reports from Sierra Rodriguez, the Student Representative, and reports via Zoom by Kristy Tritapoe, Mike Kane, and Scott Garber regarding the PCHS Gym Floor.
These will be followed by the approval of vender payments; routine financial reports; payroll; budget adjustments. They will also authorize the Director of Finance/Treasurer to make additional budget adjustments prior to board approval from June 9th through June 30th.
They will also approve of Encova Insurance Company –(aka BrickStreet) to provide a Workers’ Compensation Insurance Policy at an annual renewal premium of $33,780.00.
In the miscellaneous portion of the meeting, the board will consider the following:
- Approval of date corrections on Policy 3120.12 -entitled: SUBSTITUTES IN AREAS OF CRITICAL NEED AND SHORTAGE
- Approval of a temporary waiver of Policy 4433 –entitled: “VACATION”
- Approval of Library Instructional Service for Marlinton and Hillsboro Elementary Schools for the 2020-2021 school year and paid for by Federal title 1 funds for said school year.
- Approval of RFO Green Bank Bathrooms bid to successful bidder.
- Approval of to purchase two Bluebird gasoline school buses.
- Discussion, with possible action on the possibility of putting a portion of the Green Bank (Slaven) property up for public bid.
- Approval of professional and service personnel actions.
Prior to adjourning, the board members will conduct a Matters of the Board discussion.