Pocahontas Commission Agenda for 10-6-15
The Pocahontas County Commission will hold its Tuesday October 6th meeting at 8:30 a.m. at the Courthouse in Marlinton. Based on the agenda, this appears to be a short meeting.
There will be routine opening procedures – approval of minutes, exoneration orders and receiving public input (hear callers)
At 8:45 a.m. the Commissioners will hear Mike Cain, the Courthouse Custodian will discuss and/or take action regarding courthouse security and alarm maintenance and inspection of alarm systems.
Other items on the agenda which are not assigned specific times but will be presented for discussion/or actions include:
- They will approve final settlements and orders and (if any) Improper Charges.
- The Commissioners will discuss mail items and concerns.
- The Commissioners will receive a report from their Counsel, Bob Martin.
- There will be a discussion and possible action regarding 911 employee issues – This may involve a closed Executive session.
- There will be discussion and possible action regarding the building in Marlinton which Attorney Martin Saffer has offered to donate to the Commission. The Commissioners expressed interest since the building is located near the Courthouse and could possibly house County Agencies that are now over crowding the Courthouse. At the last meeting, the Commissioners had Bob Martin arrange for an inspection of the building by a certified building inspector and a possible walk through by the Commission members to ensure that the building, if accepted, will not require so much repair or renovation as to render it cost prohibitive for the County.
The meeting will conclude with the approval of invoices.
THE ACTUAL AGENDA AS PUBLISHED BY THE POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION IS BELOW
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President
Jamie Walker, Commissioner David McLaughlin, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
October 6, 2015
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
8:45 a.m. Courthouse Custodian Mike Cain – Discussion and/or Action-Courthouse Security/Alarm Systems Maintenance and Inspection.
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break.
OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Discussion and/or Action – 911 Employee Issues.
- Discussion and/or Action – Martin Saffer Building.
- Approve Invoices.