Pocahontas Commission Agenda for 8-2-16
POCAHONTAS COUNTY COMMISSION
William S. Beard, Jr., President
Jamie Walker, Commissioner David McLaughlin, Commissioner
900 TENTH AVENUE MARLINTON, WEST VIRGINIA 24954
Telephone: (304)799-6063 Fax: (304)799-3977
August 2, 2016
8:30 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Exoneration Orders; Approval of Minutes.
8:35 a.m. Public Input/Hear Callers.
8:45 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Courthouse Maintenance Personnel Matter.
9:00 a.m. Kathy Carpenter – Discussion and/or Action – Request to Pocahontas County Commission to Place “Brunch Bill” (Senate Bill 298) Referendum on Pocahontas County’s Ballot for the General Election on November 8, 2016.
9:15 a.m. Pocahontas County Sheriff David Jonese – Discussion and/or Action-Approval of Full-Time Law Enforcement Deputy.
9:30 a.m. Chris Negley Pocahontas County Public Service District – Discussion and/or Action-Motion to Enlarge the Boundary of the Pocahontas County Public Service District (PSD).
9:45 a.m. Doris Selko West Virginians for Affordable Health Care – Discussion and/or Action-Information Update on Medicaid Benefits to Pocahontas County.
10:00 a.m. Discussion and/or Action – Contribution/Funding Requests Various Individuals, Groups and Organizations.
- Dawn Workman Pocahontas County High School – Request for Contribution Purchase of Football Helmets.
- Diane Hinkle Tucker Community Foundation – Request for Contribution Run-For-It 2016.
- Pocahontas County Parks and Recreation – Request for Contribution Cass Community Park.
- Pocahontas County Prevention Coalition – Request for Contribution.
- Terry White Mountain Resource Conservation and Development Area, Inc. – Request for Contribution.
(The Following Agenda Items Will Be Discussed During Meeting But Have Not Been Allotted a Time)
- Approve Final Settlements and Orders.
- Approve Improper Charges.
- Discussion and/or Action – Mail Items/Concerns.
- Discussion and/or Action – Pocahontas Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees – Appointment of Donald McNeel Six Year Term Expiring 06-30-22.
- Discussion and/or Action – Adoption of Emergency Absentee Voting Procedures Policy for Pocahontas County General Election on November 8, 2016.
- Discussion and/or Action – Spruce Knob Seneca Rocks Telephone Inc. – Discontinuation of Cable Television for 46 Customers in North Fork of Deer Creek and Wesley Chapel Areas.
- Discussion and/or Action – Budget Revision and Resolution Unassigned Fund Balance 2016-2017, Insurance Reimbursement for Pocahontas Memorial Hospital and Refund for Prosecuting Attorney.
- Discussion and/or Action – Report from Counsel.
- Discussion and/or Action – County Commission Board Updates.
- Approve Invoices.