Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 1-22-18
On Monday, January 22nd at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton with the following agenda.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY SCHOOLS
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Monday, January 22, 2018
Regular Board of Education Meeting at 6:00 PM
at Board of Education Conference Room,
Marlinton, West Virginia
1. Approval of Minutes from the Regular Board of Education Meeting held on January 8, 2018.
2. Approval of the agenda.
3. Delegations (ten minute limit, unless permission is granted by the president.) A written request must be provided to the superintendent no later than fifteen minutes
prior to a scheduled Board Meeting to commence in order for the delegation to be heard. The written request must include name of individual or spokesperson wishing to address
the Board, topic of discussion, and date of Board of Education Meeting.
4. Superintendent’s Report & Special Recognition
5. Informational Reports/Central Office Updates…
a. Hunter Wilfong, Student Representative
6. Approval to authorize payment of vendor listing of claims in the amount of $40,656.51.
7. Approval to authorize payment of vendor listing of claims (Local Government Purchasing
Card) in the amount of $115,237.53. See attached.
8. Approval of Grant Awards. See attached.
9. Approval of Budget Adjustments. See attached.
10. Approval of employee payroll for January 8, 2018 in the amount of $207,065.23. See
11. Approval of Pocahontas County Schools Summary Schedule of Revenues and Expenditures
on a Cash Basis for the month Ended D ecember, 2017. See attached.
12. Approval of West Virginia Department of Education Explanation Report. See attached.
13. Approval of Contract between Pocahontas County Board of Education and Taylor
Construction & Trucking, LLC. See attached.
14. Approval of contract between the Pocahontas County Board of Education and Kristen R.
LeCroy to provide art instruction at Hillsboro Elementary School, one day per week for
16 weeks at the rate of $100 per one-half day. (To paid for by federal funding.) See
15. Approval for Hillsboro Elementary School 5th grades to travel by charter bus to
Washington, D.C., departing Hillsboro Elementary School on May 23, 2018 and returning
to the school on May 24, 2018.
16. Approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Eastern WV Community & Technical
College and Pocahontas County Schools. See attached.
17. Professional and Service Personnel. See attached.
18. Matters of the Board
19. Next Board of Education meeting will be held on Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM at
the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton, West Virginia
January 22, 2018
Professional and Service Personnel
Pocahontas County High School:
EMPLOYMENT: JERRY L. DALE, as Graduation Coach at Pocahontas County High School,
effective January 24, 2018 for the remainder of the 2017-2018 school year, 3
hours per day, 4 days per week at $20 per hour.
UNPAID MEDICAL LEAVE: LEAH SHINABERRY, as Teacher of Mathematics at Pocahontas County High
School, effective March 29, 2018 (or upon exhaustion of personal leave)
through the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
Pocahontas County Schools:
RESIGNATION: KRISTEN LECROY, as Substitute Teacher for Pocahontas County Board of
Education, retroactive to January 9, 2018.