Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 1-8-18
On Monday, January 8th at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton with the following agenda.
The meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from Hunter Wilfong, the Student Representative to the Board of Education.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills which total $44,706.36
- Extra duty pay for December in the amount of $17,402.08.
- And payroll for December 22, 2017 in the amount of 221,909.68
The Board will also consider approval of the following:
- grant awards
- budget adjustments
- The bank reconciliation statement for the month of December
The Board will next consider approval to increase the rate of reimbursement for travel from 53.5 cents per mile to 54.5 cents per mile.
They will then consider the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- Approval to place the proposed “Entrance Age” Policy on 30 day comment
- Approval of the “locally Approved” CTE concentrations in performing arts and visual arts. This was discussed with PCHS teachers at the last Board meeting but could not be approved at that time because the correct version of these CTE concentrations was not included on the agenda for that meeting.
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda. This proposed Personnel Agenda can be found along with the agenda as published by the Board by clicking here: 1-8-17 BOE Actual Agenda
Prior to adjourning, each member will be given the opportunity to address the Board and the public with any ideas, concerns or recent activities they wish to discuss.