Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 2-19-18
On Monday, February 19th at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive Informational Reports from Hunter Wilfong, the Student Representative to the Board of Education; Bill Shelton of OWPR Architects; Andy Cocina of Wendel; and Lauren Bennett of the County Parks and Recreation.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills which total $35,356.83
- Payment of Local Government Purchasing Card charges totaling $56,772.99
The Board will also consider approval of the following:
- Budget adjustments
- Grant awards
- The Summary Schedule of Revenues and Expenditures for Januaqry
- The WV Department of Education Variance Explanations for January
- The February8th payroll in the amount of $221,825.70
- The Management Representation Letter –for the single audit for the BOE at a cost of $20,000.
They will then consider the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- Approval for the U.S. Forest Service in cooperation with the Town of Marlinton and the County Parks and Recreation to construct an accessible fishing trail along Knapps Creek behind Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval to place two policies on 30-day comment: The Attendance Policy and the School Calendar.
- Approval of Ronnie Gordon and Jessie Sharp to be Volunteer Basketball Coaches for the 4th and 5th grades at Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval of David L. Moore as Volunteer Baseball Coach at PCHS
- Approval of Kenneth Beasley as Volunteer Basketball Coach for the 4th and 5th grades at Hillsboro Elementary School.
- Approval for PCHS to conduct three weeks of out-of-season athletic practice from June 11th through June 30th.
- Approval for Robert Mann and one chaperone to transport 5 students by private vehicle to Marshall University retroactively to February 15th through February 18th to participate in a Band Festival – paid for by the Music Department at PCHS and student contributions.
- Approval for P. Erwin Berry to transport three students by rental van to HEAT Hospitality Cup Competition at the Embassy Suites in Charleston, WV on March 5th through March 7th.
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda. can be found below.
Prior to adjourning, each member will be given the opportunity to address the Board and the public with any ideas, concerns or recent activities they wish to discuss.
February 19, 2018
Professional and Service Personnel
Pocahontas County High School
UNPAID MEDICAL LEAVE: MICHELLE D. WILFONG, as Librarian/Media Specialist at PCHS, effective April 17, 2018 for up to six weeks.
Pocahontas County Schools
EMPLOYMENT Of the following as Substitute Aide effective February 21, 2018 for the remainder of the school year as needed at state basic pay:
EMPLOYMENT Of the following as Substitute Cook effective February 21, 2018 for the remainder of the school year as needed at state basic pay:
EMPLOYMENT Of the following as Substitute Custodian effective February 21, 2018 for the remainder of the school year as needed at state basic pay: