Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 2-5-18
On Monday, February 5th at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from Hunter Wilfong, the Student Representative to the Board of Education; a report from Bill Shelton or OWPR the Architects for the PCHS Major Improvement Project; and from Denise Campbell, the Community Liaison with Dominion Power and the Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills and Government Purchasing Card charges which total $116,127.36 combined.
- Payroll for January 22, 2018 in the amount of 210,422.85
- Extra duty pay for January in the amount of $7,093.39.
The Board will also consider approval of the following:
- grant awards
- budget adjustments
- The bank reconciliation statement for the month of December, 2017
They will then consider the following miscellaneous item on this agenda:
- Approval of the annual less than $20,000 Bingo License to Marlinton Middle School pursuant to WV Code 47-20, retroactive to January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda, a copy of which can be found along with the Official Board Published Agenda for this meeting at this link:
Prior to adjourning, each member will be given the opportunity to address the Board and the public with any ideas, concerns or recent activities they wish to discuss.