Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 7-31-17
On Monday, July 31st at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from John Simmons and Lois Mamic from the Senior Citizens and a Central Office Update and from Ruth Bland, Director of Transportation.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills;
- Extra Duty Pay for July;
- And payroll for July 22nd
In addition to those routine financial matters, the Board will also consider approval of the West Virginia Major Improvement Project Grant award in the amount of $925,443.
They will consider the following items on this agenda:
- A partnership agreement with the County Parks and Recreation Board for the upcoming school year.
- A WV Pre-K agreement with School Days Child Care
- Approval to roll-over the 2015-2016 bid from Flowers Baking Company of West Virginia for bakery products as indicated in the bid effective August 10, 2017 through August 9, 2018.
- Approval to roll-over the 2015-2016 bid from Broughton Foods, LLC for dairy products as indicated in the bid effective August 10, 2017 through August 9, 2018.
- Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources regarding Medicaid Administration Claiming effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Pocahontas County Commission wherein the Board of Education would have use of the building located at 300 Second Avenue, Marlinton for designated athletic practices.
- Approval for the Board of Education to join the West Virginia School Board Association.
- Approval of the Student Transportation Policy
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda. This proposed Personnel Agenda can be found along with the agenda as published by the Board attached to story at our website; www.alleghenymountainradio.org,
The Board members will then each have the opportunity to present comments to the Board, after which the meeting will be adjourned.
To see the Actual Agenda as published by the Pocahontas County Board of Education and to see the proposed Professional and Service Personnel Agenda that will be voted on at this meeting, click the link below.