Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 9-11-17
On Monday, September 11th at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Marlinton with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After considering any changes or corrections to this meeting’s agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive Informational Reports from:
- Hunter Tankersley, Student Representative
- Joseph Riley, Principal of Pocahontas County High School
- Ruth Bland, Director of Transportation.
- Ronald G. Hall, Director of Maintenance
- Jason Long, Esq., Legal Counsel to the Board of Education
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters: Payment of vender bills and local government purchasing card expenses; employee payroll for August 22nd, and consider approval of grants.
They will also consider approval of the following bids:
- A bid from West Virginia Signal & Light, Inc. to replace the school zone flasher system at Hillsboro Elementary School at a cost of $15,250.00.
- A bid from Blue Bird Bus Sales of West Virginia for one (or more) new -2018 Blue Bird 77 passenger “Vision” conventional School Bus at a total cost of $89,889.00.
They will then take up the following items on this agenda:
- Approval to place the following County Schools policies: “Bring Your Own Device” Policy and Service Personnel Evaluation Policy.
- Approval of a large list of mostly sports related volunteers. The complete list, consisting of 16 people, can be found linked to this story on our website, www.alleghenymountainradio.org along with a copy of the published agenda and the proposed personnel agenda for this meeting.
- Approval of 4 proposed field trips which can also be found in the published agenda on our website.
- Approval of memorandums of Understanding with Community Care of West Virginia to provide services to Green Bank Elementary-Middle School, Marlinton Elementary School, Marlinton Middle School and the High School.
- A memorandum of understanding with the West Virginia Board of Education in response to West Virginia Graduation 20-20 program.
- Approval of a contract with Erica Marks to provide part time art instruction at Hillsboro Elementary School.
- Approval of a contract with the County Health Department to provide medical services Green Bank elementary students.
The Board will consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda.
The Board members will then each have the opportunity to present comments to the Board, after which the meeting will be adjourned.
Below is the link to the 9-11-17 Board of Education’s published agenda, including the list of volunteers to be considered by the Board at this meeting; a list of student field trips to be considered for approval bt the board and a copy of the proposed Service and Professional Personnel Agenda for this meeting.