Pocahontas County Board of Education Agenda for the November 17th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, November 17th starting at 3:00 p.m. at the Marlinton Middle School. This meeting will be open for public attendance or via Zoom Meeting. Directions to sign into this Zoom Meeting can be found at the end of this story.
There will be a Local School Improvement Council presentation followed by a meeting with the Marlinton Middle School staff, and then by the regular meeting.
After approving of the minutes from their October 27th meeting and from their November 2nd work session, they will approve the agenda for this meeting.
They will then hear any public delegations who wish to address the board. Those can be done either in person or via the Zoom Meeting.
The Superintendent will then deliver his report and special recognitions, followed by informational reports by Jacob Kinnison, the Student Representative; Devin Simmons from the Archery Team; Lori Doolittle. the Food Service Director; and by Andy Cocina of the Wendle Corporation.
The board members will then consider approval of routine financial matters.
In Miscellaneous actions, the board will consider the following:
- Approving of a resolution to move forward with a guaranteed energy savings project and apply for Needs funding from the WV School Building Authority (SBA.)
- Approval to continue participating in the 2020-2021 basketball season, with specified COVID-19 restrictions.
- Reviewing the school reentry plan to consider making revisions.
- Approving the placement of the Personal Acceptable Use policy on 30-day public comment.
- They will then consider approval of a proposed Service and Professional Personnel Agenda.
After the board conducts a “matters of the Board” discussion, they will adjourn the meeting.
Zoom Audio Link
Audio link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83461245636?pwd=Y1VwR3lmb2t6YUdIMmttTkF4TFc4QT09
Meeting ID: 834 6124 5636