Pocahontas County Board of Education Agenda for the October 13th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, October 13th starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Pocahontas County High School. This meeting will be open for public attendance or listen to the meeting by clicking on the link at the board’s website, Pocahontas-K12.wvnet.edu/boe/
After approving of the agenda, the board will receive a presentation from the school’s Local School Improvement Council and hold a meeting with the PCHS staff.
They will then hear public delegations who wish to address the board. Those can be done either in person or via Zoom Meeting, the meeting ID is 850 3909 1233 and the password is 8k201b.
The Superintendent will then deliver his report and special recognitions, followed by informational reports by Jacob Kinnison, the Student Representative and by Peggy Stull of Youth Health Services.
The board members will then consider approval of routine financial matters, including payment of vender claims, grant awards, employee payroll, extra duty pay, a summary of the Schedule of Revenues and Expenditures on a Cash Basis through the end of August, and budget adjustments for carryover.
In an additional financial matter, the board will consider approving the increase of the Treasurer Bond to $800,000.
In Miscellaneous approvals, the board will consider the following:
- A review of the schools’ reentry plan to consider revisions
- A memorandum of understanding with Youth Health Services for them to provide access to mental health, behavioral and emotional services to students for the upcoming school year.
- Approval of PCHS to offer the following 2 graduation credit courses: Physical Education/Health and Agriculture/Natural Resources/Horticultural.
- Approval of a mutual agreement with the teachers to compensate them for additional coverage during scheduled planning periods.
- Approval of a Pro-Start COVID-19 waiver.
- Approval of the following faculty senate allocations for the current school year:
- $3,789.20 for Hillsboro elementary School’
- $8,705.61 for Green Bank Elementary-Middle School
- $7,140.78 for Marlinton Elementary School
- $5,678.20 for Marlinton Middle School and
- $12,006.21 for PCHS.
- A proposed Service and Professional Personnel Agenda.
The board will then conduct a “matters of the Board” discussion prior to adjourning.