Pocahontas County Board of Education Agenda for the October 27th Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, October 27th starting at 3:00 p.m. at the Marlinton Elementary School. This meeting will be open for public attendance or via Zoom Meeting.
Directions to sign into this Zoom Meeting can be found at the end of this story.
After approving of the minutes from their September 22nd and their October 13th meetings, the board members will approve the agenda for this meeting.
The board will next receive a presentation from the school’s Local School Improvement Council and hold a meeting with the Marlinton Elementary School staff.
They will then hear any public delegations who wish to address the board. Those can be done either in person or via the Zoom Meeting.
The Superintendent will then deliver his report and special recognitions, followed by informational reports by Jacob Kinnison, the Student Representative and by Andy Cocina of the Wendel Corporation.
The board members will then consider approval of routine financial matters.
In Miscellaneous actions, the board will consider the following:
- A memorandum of understanding with the Burlington United Methodist Family Services to provide services and support to meet the educational needs of foster children in the county.
- They will conduct a review of the schools’ reentry plan to consider making revisions.
- They will approve the minutes from their October 6th special board meeting during which there was a public hearing on the 2020-2030 Comprehensive Educational Facilities Plan.
- The board will consider approval of the 2020-2030 Comprehensive Educational Facilities Plan.
- They will then consider approval of a proposed Service and Professional Personnel Agenda.
After the board conducts a “matters of the Board” discussion, they will hold an executive (closed) session regarding a student disciplinary matter.
The next local School Improvement Council and Board of Education meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 17th beginning at 3:00 p.m. at the Marlinton Middle School.
The directions to sign onto this meeting via Zoom Meeting, or via the BOE website are:
Audio link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88608508836?pwd=enhuQmJDMmljSXVUSWUwVWtZUElVUT09
Meeting ID: 886 0850 8836 Password: 8n004x
(The audio link will also be provided on County Website at
The official meeting agenda as published by the Pocahontas County board of Education can be found here: 10-27-20 Official BOE Agenda