Pocahontas County Board of Education Agenda for the September 22nd Meeting
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, September 22nd at 6:00 p.m. at the board’s conference room in buckeye, West Virginia. This meeting will be open for public attendance or listen to the meeting by clicking on the link at the board’s website, HTTP://Pocahontas-K12.wvnet.edu/boe/
After opening procedures, there will be approval of the minutes from the September 1st board meeting, followed by approval of the agenda then delegations from the public.
The Superintendent will then deliver his report and special recognitions, followed by informational reports by Jacob Kinnison, the Student Representative and Andy Cocina, a Wendle representative.
The board members will then approve routine financial matters which will include approving of a decision to not participate in the “memorandum on deferring payroll tax obligations in light of the ongoing COVID-19 disaster” as well as approval of the preliminary unaudited financial statement.
In Miscellaneous approvals, the board will consider the following:
- A “Letter of Agency” between the BOE and the Educational Funding Group, Inc., which involves E-rate funding applications.
- A memorandum of understanding with the M3T Noyce Fellowship Project related to Jennifer Nail-Cook as the Cohort in supporting in the mathematics teaching and learning. This is a 5-year project to be approved each year.
- A memorandum of understanding with Community Care of West Virginia to provide healthcare services in the school-based health care centers at Green Bank Elementary-Middle School and at PCHS for the current school year.
- A review of the schools’ reentry plan to consider revisions.
- Authorizing the Superintendent to obtain surveys and appraisals of the board’s Slaven Property in Green Bank for a possible future decision that all or part of that property is not necessary for school purposes.
- The Superintendent’s goals for this school year.
- Approval of the following volunteer coaches. James “Bo” Casteel for 7th and 8th grade football and Robert A Cummings, for PCHS football.
- A proposed Service and Professional Personnel Agenda.
The board will then conduct a “matters of the Board” discussion prior to adjourning.