Pocahontas County Board of Education Meeting Agenda for December 3, 2019
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, December 3rd at the Marlinton Elementary School The Local School Improvement Council Meeting will begin at 3:00 p.m., which will include an opportunity for the school’s staff to address their concerns and ideas with the Board Members. This will be immediately followed by the regular Board of Education meeting.
After normal opening procedures, which include approval of minutes and of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will entertain any public delegations.
The School Superintendent will make his report and offer special recognitions, which will be followed by informational reports and Central Office updates by Emmit Doolittle, the Student Representative to the Board of Education; David Jonese of the Greenbrier Youth Reporting Center; School Nurse Jenny Friel; and Ruth Bland.
The Board will than consider the following financial reports and matters, which include:
- Approval of the payment of $212,879.74 in vender claims.
- Approval of the payment of local government purchasing card charges of $169,620.71.
- Approval of budget adjustments.
- Approval of the employee payrolls for November 8th and November 22nd, 2019.
- Approval of the extra duty pay for November in the amount of $19,496.22
- Approval of the Schedule of Expenditures on a Cash Basis for the month of October.
- Approval of grant awards.
- Approval of the bank reconciliation statement for the month ended September, 2019.
- Approval of the Pocahontas County Schools management representation letter- single audit as of June 30, 2019.
They will consider approval of the Expense Reimbursement Policy.
They will vote on approving Crystal Kerr as a volunteer Assistant Softball coach at PCHS for the upcoming season and approving Kenneth Beezley as a volunteer Assistant Basketball Coach at Marlinton Middle School.
They will consider approving Ms. Mullen and four female ProStart students at PCHS to travel by personal vehicle to the Greenbrier Resort, leaving on January 25th and returning on January 27th.
The Board will then vote on approving personnel actions. A copy of that proposed list can be found with the actual agenda as published by the BOE at this link 12-3-`9 BOE Actual Agenda
The Board members will then hold a Matters of the Board session prior to adjourning the meeting.