Pocahontas County Board of Education Meeting Agenda for January 28, 2020
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 beginning with a work session at 3 p.m. At 5:30 p.m. there will be a public meeting on the 2020-2021 proposed school calendar followed immediately by the regular Board of Education meeting.
The regular meeting will begin with the Pledge of Allegiance – which is a new addition to their Board Meetings. After normal opening procedures, which include approval of the minutes from the January 7th board meeting and approval of the agenda for this meeting, the board will entertain any public delegations.
The School Superintendent will make his report and offer special recognitions, which will be followed by informational reports by Sierra Rodriguez, the Student Representative to the Board of Education and by Kristy Tritapoe and Nick Daily.
The board will than consider approving the following financial reports and matters.
- Payment of vender claims and local government purchasing card charges.
- Grant awards.
- The employee payrolls for January 8 and 22,
- The Summary of Schedule of Revenues and Expenditures on a Cash Basis for the month of December.
- The November Bank Reconciliation statement.
- The December extra duty pay.
From the Miscellaneous portion of the agenda, they will consider the following:
- Approval of Chad Baldwin and Chastity Taylor as volunteer Basketball Coaches for the 4th and 5th grades at the Green Bank Elementary-Middle School.
- Approval of Ronald Gordon and Jessie Sharp as volunteer Basketball Coaches for the 4th and 5th grades at Marlinton Elementary School.
- Approval of Joshua Hardy and Justin Taylor as volunteer Basketball Coaches for the 4th and 5th grades at Hillsboro Elementary School.
- Approval of Alexandra Luikart and Megan Luikart as volunteer Cheerleading Coaches for the 4th and 5th grades at Hillsboro Elementary School.
- Approval of the policy on Reduction in Force for professional personnel lateral positions.
- Approval for the Green Bank Elementary-Middle School’s 5th grade students to travel by school bus to the Massanutten Water Park from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 pm on May 15, 2020.
- Approval for Teresa Mullen to transport two students by private vehicle to the Simulated Workplace Workshop in Martinsburg, WV on April 20 and 21, 2020.
- Approval for the Marlinton Middle School’s 8th grade to travel by charter bus to the Bush Gardens Theme Park and Virginia Beach on May 18 and 19, 2020. This trip will be paid for by fund raising.
- Approval of the use of the school WIFI on personal devices by school employees.
- Approval of the Superintendent’s annual evaluation.
The Board will then vote on approving the below proposed list of personnel actions.
The Board members will then hold a Matters of the Board session prior to adjourning the meeting.
January 28, 2020
Professional and Service Personnel
- REQUESTED TRANSFER: KRISTEN KINNISON from Executive Secretary/Accountant III at the Central Office to Secretary II/Accountant II at Hillsboro Elementary School.
- UNPAID MEDICAL LEAVE: SUSAN GRANT, Teacher of Multi-Subjects at Marlinton elementary School effective March 9, 2020 (or upon exhaustion of personal leave) for a period of 12 weeks.
- EMPLOYMENT: TAMMY RIDER, as Itinerant Licensed Practical Nurse (assignment Marlinton Elementary School.)
- EMPLOYMENT: MICHELLE RIDER, as Itinerant Licensed Practical Nurse (assignment Green Bank Elementary-Middle School.)