Pocahontas County Board of Education Meeting Agenda for November 5, 2019
The Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, November 5th at the Marlinton Middle School. The Local School Improvement Council Meeting will begin at 3:00 p.m., which will include an opportunity for the school’s staff to address their concerns and ideas with the Board Members. This will be immediately followed by the regular Board of Education meeting.
After normal opening procedures, which include approval of minutes and of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will entertain any public delegations.
The School Superintendent will make his report and offer special recognitions, which will be followed by informational reports and Central Office updates by Emmit Doolittle, the Student Representative to the Board of Education.
The Board will than consider the following financial reports and matters, which include:
- Approval of the payment of $176,386.85 in vender claims.
- Approval of the payment of Local Government Purchasing Card charges of $187,955.92.
- Approval of budget adjustments.
- Approval of the employee payroll for October 22nd
- Approval of the Extra Duty for October in the amount of $12,026.31
- Approval of grant awards.
- Approval of the Schedule of Expenditures on a Cash Basis for the month of September.
They will consider approval to place the following policies on 30-day comment.
- The Emergency Bus Operator List Policy.
- The Reduction in Force Professional Personnel Lateral Positions Policy
- The Defining Qualifications for Professional Personnel Policy
The Board will then vote on approving the following list of proposed Service and Professional Personnel actions:
- Employment of ANITA G. WORKMAN as a Teacher of Social Studies at Pocahontas County High School at state basic salary based on degree and experience effective on November 18, 2019 for the remainder of the current school year and for 200 days each year thereafter.
- A change in retirement date for TERESA RHEA, a teacher of Mathematics at Marlinton Middle School from July 1, 2019 to June 28, 2019.
- The employment of the following as Substitute School Bus Operators as needed effective November 7th, 2019 or upon proper School Bus Operator Licensure/Certification is obtained:
- Joseph M. Judy
- Larry Lucas
- Forrest L. Mullenax
- Kevin Thompson
- James B. Chaney (for emergency use only.)
The Board members will then hold a Matters of the Board session prior to adjourning the meeting.