Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 4-10-17
On Monday, April 10th at 3:30 p.m. at the Marlinton Elementary School, the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a work session with the Staff of Marlinton Elementary School. This will be immediately followed by a regular Board of Education meeting at the same location. Here is the agenda for the regular meeting.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive informational reports from Kayla Gibson, the PCHS Student Representative to the Board of Education; Ron Hall, Director of Maintenance; Shirlene Groseclose, a Spanish Teacher at PCHS; and Sarah Riley of High Rocks Academy.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment of a number of routine vender bills and consider approval of grant awards; employee extra duty pay for March, payroll for April 8th, and budget adjustments.
They will consider approval of the following items on this agenda:
- The 2017-2018 School Year Calendar
- Out-of-season athletic practice at PCHS effective June 12th through June 30th
- Making a request for a waiver to the WV Department of Education to adopt Spanish 1 through 4 textbooks until the 2018-2019 school year
- The adoption of the following textbooks for the next school year:
- Spanish 5: Spanish 5 Tejidos by Wayside Publishing
- AP Spanish: Triangulo Aprobado 5th Edition by Wayside Publishing
- Approval for Shirlene Groseclose to transport three students to Spain –departing on Saturday, April 15th and returning on Tuesday, April 25th, 2017.
- Consideration of a Personnel Agenda which can be found along with the actual agenda for this meeting, as published by the Pocahontas County Board of Education at our website; www.alleghenymountainradio.org,
The Board members will then each have the opportunity to present comments to the Board, after which the meeting will be adjourned.
Click on the following link to see the Board of Education’s official agenda for this meeting as well as the proposed personnel agenda that will be voted on at the meeting.