Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 4-9-18
On Monday, April 9th at 3:45 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Green Bank Elementary-Middle School with the following agenda.
Prior to the regular meeting, the Board will hold a work session with the staff of the host school
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After giving their final approval of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will hear comments from the public called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from Hunter Wilfong, the Student Representative to the Board of Education; and receive a report from PCHS Assistant Principal Kristy Tritapoe in her dual capacity as the school’s Athletic Director.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills and Government Purchasing Card charges..
- Employee Payroll for March 22, 2018.
- Extra-duty pay for March, 2018.
The Board will also consider approval of the following financial reports or transactions.
- grant awards
- The bank reconciliation statement for the month of February, 2018
They will then consider approval of the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- The 2018-2019 School Calendar.
- Placing several proposed new policies on 30 day comment.
- Appointment of Justin M. Karr as voluntary Assistant Softball Coach at PCHS.
- Permission for Teresa Mullen to transport 7 students to the Sullivan University’s Culinary Campus in Louisville, Kentucky on April 26th, returning the following day.
- Parent/Community Volunteers.
- Appointment of Thomas C. Moats as volunteer Baseball Coach at PCHS.
The Board will then consider for approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda, a copy of which, along with the Official Board Published Agenda for this meeting, can be found at this link: 4-9-18 BOE Actual Agenda
Prior to adjourning, each member will be given the opportunity to address the Board and the public with any ideas, concerns or recent activities they wish to discuss.