Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 5-21-18
On Monday, May21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will a work session with the Marlinton Middle School staff at Marlinton Middle School followed at 4:30 p.m. with a work session at Marlinton Middle School with the staff of Hillsboro elementary School. Following these work sessions, the Board will hold its regular meeting.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After giving their final approval of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will hear comments from the public called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from Hunter Wilfong, the Student Representative to the Board of Education
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills and Government Purchasing Card charges
- Budget Adjustments and Grant Awards
- The Summary Schedule of Revenues and Expenditures on a cash basis for the month ended April, 2018.
- Employee Payroll for May 8th, 2018.
They will then consider approval of the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- Approval of a retainer agreement for next Fiscal Year with their legal counsel, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP.
- Approval of the Board of Education’s 2018-2019 school year meeting schedule.
- Approval of “Mythology” as an elective course at PCHS next school year.
- Approval to place Policy JBD, Admission of students from non-chartered schools on 30 day policy comment.
- Approval of a number of other policies that have completed their 30 day comment period.
- Approval of James Ryan Groves as a volunteer Assistant Basketball Coach at PCHS for the remainder of the 2017-2018 Season.
- Approval of the following as volunteer coaches for PCHS effective next school year:
- James “Jerry” Ryder –Head Golf Coach
- Chloe L. Bland as Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
- Lawrence Workman as Assistant Football Coach
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel agenda which can be linked to –along with the official meeting agenda- here: 5-21-18 Actual BOE Agenda
Prior to adjourning, each Board Member wll have a chance to address the Board and the public with ideas, or concerns.