Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 5-7-18
On Monday, May 7th at 3:45 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a work session with the Marlinton Elementary School Staff followed by its regular meeting at that school with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer and informational reports from Hunter Wilfong, the Student Representative to the Board of Education; from Lisa Dennison, the food Service Coordinator for the schools; and from Robert Iden, the Manager of US Foods.
The Board will then examine and consider approval to pay routine financial matters, including approval of payments of vender bills and charges on the government charge card.
They will consider and approve the following: budget adjustments; the Step 7 budget for next school year; extra duty pay for April; employee payroll for April 20th; the variance explanations for the WVDE and the audit Report for the FY ended June 30, 2017.
They will consider approval of paying US Foods prior to Board approval for next school year.
They will then consider the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- Approval of a Key Drop Release and hold Harmless Waiver with US Foods.
- Approval a memorandum of understanding with the Southern Educational Services Cooperative for bus operator training courses for next fiscal year.
- Approval of a teacher-in-residence partnership with Bluefield State College.
- Approval of the annual participation agreement with the WV Department of Agriculture.
- Approval of 4 field trips
- Approval of 2 policy waiver requests.
- Approval for a Math engineering elective class
- Approval of a Cross-Country Team at PCHS
- Approval of Damian Elliott as a volunteer Groundskeeper at PCHS
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel Agenda which can be found along with a copy of the official agenda for this meeting with this story here:5-7-18 BOE Actual Agenda
The meeting will end with Matters of the Board where each member will be given the opportunity to address the Board and the public with any ideas, concerns or recent activities they wish to discuss