Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 7-16-18
On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the new Board of Education Office located at 404 Old Buckeye Road, Buckeye, West Virginia with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After giving their final approval of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will hear comments from the public called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from Bill Shelton, Blair Frier, and Randy Jones with OWPR, the architects for the MIP at Pocahontas County High School. they will also hear from Laura Young, Ron Hall, Ruth Bland and Joe Riley.
The Board will then consider approval of the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills and Government Purchasing Card charges
- Budget Adjustments and Grant Awards
- The Variance Explanation for the West Virginia Depart of Education for the month of May.
- The Summary Schedule of Revenues and Expenditures on a Cash Basis for the month of May, 2018.
- Approval of Band Reconciliation for the month of April.
- Employee Payroll for June 22nd, June 30th and July 6th, 2018
- Extra duty pay for the month of June
They will then consider approval of the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- Authorization to purchase 2 2019 Blue Bird 77 passenger “Vision” school buses for $91,710 each..
- A Memorandum of Understanding with the WV Department of Education Office of Child Nutrition for the upcoming school year.
- A Memorandum of Understanding with WV FREE, retroactive to June 5th, 2018 through June 5th, 2019.
- A contract with Laura Young effective for the 2018/2019 school year at $20.00 per hour for 500 hours, not to exceed $10,000.
- Appointment of Rebecca L. Campbell as the Board of Education’s representative on the Day Report Committee retroactive to July 2nd for the upcoming school year.
- Appointment of Sue E. Hollandsworth as the Board of Education’s representative on the Southern Education Service Committee retroactive to July 2nd for the upcoming school year.
- For HA and Katrina Taylor, residents of Pocahontas County to enroll their child in the Randolph/County Schools for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Approval of three Spanish textbooks with 6 year digital licenses by Pearson Education, Inc. for use at PCHS.
- Approval to place the Athletic Policy on 30 day comment.
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel agenda which, along with the official meeting agenda, can be found at this link.
Prior to adjourning, each Board Member will have a chance to address the Board and the public with ideas, or concerns.