Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 6-11-18
On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting. This will be the first meeting held at the new Board of Education Office located at 404 Old Buckeye Road, Buckeye, West Virginia.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After giving their final approval of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will hear comments from the public called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will receive an Informational Report from Bill Shelton, Blair Frier, and Randy Jones with OWPR.
The Board will then examine and consider approval for payment the following routine financial matters:
- Payment of vender bills and Government Purchasing Card charges
- Budget Adjustments and Grant Awards
- The Variance Explanation for the West Virginia Depart of Education for the month of April.
- Employee Payroll for May 22nd and June 8th, 2018
- Extra duty pay for the month of May.
- The purchase of workers’ compensation insurance through Brickstreet Mutual Insurance company for the upcoming fiscal year at an annual premium of $42,878.
- Authorization to pay bills prior to Board approval from June 12th through July 9th.
They will then consider approval of the following miscellaneous items on this agenda:
- For P. Erwin Berry to transport 10 students by school bus to Dawson, Virginia retroactive to June 7-8.
- For Ricky and Alanna Sharp, residents of Randolph County to enroll their child in the Pocahontas /County Schools next school year.
- For Elissa Cavender, a resident of Pocahontas County, to enroll her child in the Greenbrier County Schools next school year.
- For Joel and Perlina Ignos,, residents of Pocahontas County, to enroll their child in the Greenbrier County Schools next school year.
- For Crystal Kerr and Derek Trull to be volunteer Cheerleading Coaches at Pocahontas County High School next school year.
- For Devan Simmons to be a volunteer Cheerleading Coach at Marlinton Middle School next school year.
- For Stephanie Burns and Jenny Friel to be a volunteer Assistant Cheerleading Coaches at Marlinton Middle School next school yea.
- For Kevin Stitzinger to be a volunteer Cross Country Track Coach at PCHS next school year.
- For Norman E “Joe” Walker to be a representative on the Extension Service Committee retroactive to May 29th.
- Authorization for the Pocahontas County Board of Education to join the West Virginia School board Association for next fiscal year at a cost of $1,875.00.
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel agenda along with the official meeting agenda which can be linked to here: 6-11-18 BOE Actual Agenda
Prior to adjourning, each Board Member will have a chance to address the Board and the public with ideas, or concerns.
As a note, this will be the last meeting presided over by outgoing Board Members Emery Grimes, Steven Tritapoe and Jessica Hefner.