Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 6-5-17
On Monday, June 5th, at 6:00 p.m., the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold a regular Board of Education meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room Here is the agenda.
The meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last regular Board meeting.
After approving of this agenda, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will then receive informational reports from Ron Hall and Morgan McComb and from Doug Burns, the PCHS Football Coach.
The Board will examine and consider approval for payment of a number of routine vender and bank card bills and will consider approval of grant awards; the Extra Duty Pay for May, 2017; the April Bank Reconciliation; and the May 22nd Employee Payroll of 228,914.35.
They will also consider approval of the Step 7 Budget and the Food Service Budget for the next school year.
The Board will consider approval of the purchase of Workers Compensation Insurance for next Fiscal Year through Travelers Insurance Agency at a premium of $49,654.
The Board will also consider the following actions”
- For Duane Gibson and Joseph Warder to transport four students by personal vehicle, charter bus, and/or rented van to the Skills USA National Competition in Louisville, Kentucky on June 19 through the 23rd.
- Placing of the following policies on 30 day comment:
- Pocahontas County Parent Involvement Policy
- Volunteer Service Policy
- Simulated Workplace Drug-Free Policy
- Energy Plan for Pocahontas County Schools
- Apporval of the following policies:
- Pocahontas County Schools Dual Credit –Advanced Placement Policy
- Critical Need –Shortage – substitute Teachers Policy
- Approval of an agreement with Fire & Life Safetry America, Inc to test the fire and safety equipment at the following locations and costs:
- Green Bank Elementary/Middle School –at a cost of $3,012.75
- Hillsboro Elementary School –at a cost of $2,653.75
- Marlinton Elementary School –at a cost of $1,563.25
- PCHS –at a cost of $1616.00
- Pocahontas County Bus Fleet–at a cost of $200.00
- Marlinton Wellness Center –at a cost of $1,146.50
- Approval for PCHS to combine Spanish 5 and Advanced Placement Spanish as one 2 credit course next school year.
- Approval for PCHS to offer Computer Application 1 and 2 during one class period as a 2 credit course next school year
- Approval for Pocahontas County Schools to adopt Standards Based Report Cards for first and second grade next school year.
The Board will then consider approval of a professional and Service Agenda which can be linked to with this story on our website.
Prior to adjournment, each Board Member will have the opportunity to address the Board and the Public about any activities they have been involved with or concerns.
Click below to see the proposed personnel agenda for the June 5th Board of Education Meeting