Pocahontas County Board Of Education Meeting Agenda, Monday, 8-6-18
On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the new Board of Education Office located at 404 Old Buckeye Road, Buckeye, West Virginia with the following agenda.
The regular meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board meeting.
After giving their final approval of the agenda for this meeting, the Board will hear comments from the public called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer.
The Board will then receive an Informational Report from the Central Office Staff.
Next, the Board will then consider the following financial matters:
- Payment of $58,640.14 in vender bills and $321.96 in Government Purchasing Card charges.
- Grant Awards
- Approval of the Bank Reconciliation report for the month of May
- Employee Payroll for July 20th, 2018 in the amount of $210,904.32
- Extra duty pay totaling $13,751.97 for the month of July
- Approval of possible fundraisers for Marlinton Middle School for the upcoming school year.
- Approval of the School Building Authority’s Major Improvement Project in the amount of $495,517 for renovations to the Green Bank Elementary-Middle School.
- Approval to advertise for architects for the Major Improvement Project at Green Bank Elementary-Middle School.
The Board will hold a discussion about the need to replace the fire alarm systems at both the Marlinton Elementary School and the Green Bank Elementary-Middle School and about possible ways to fund the purchase and installation of those systems.
They will then consider approval of the following items on this agenda:
- An agreement with the Atlantic Coast Pipeline to allow the Pipeline to place a work area on part of the Pocahontas County High School Campus.
- Allowing Randolph County Resident, Andrea J Sharp to enroll her child in the Pocahontas County Schools for the upcoming school year.
- The purchase of diesel, gasoline and heating oil from Woodford Oil Company per terms of their bid, retroactive to August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
- The purchase of dairy products from Broughton Foods per the terms of their bid for the upcoming school year.
- The purchase of bakery products from Flowers Baking Company per the terms of their bid for the upcoming school year.
- They will then consider final approval of the school attendance policy and the policy regarding the enrollment of students from non-chartered schools into the Pocahontas County Schools.
The Board will consider approval of the following courses at PCHS for the upcoming school year.
- Food and Natural Resources/Horticulture course
- Animal Science and Animal Processing course
- Ag Mechanics Course of Study and
- The Science of Agriculture course
The Board will then consider approval of a Professional and Service Personnel agenda which, along with the official meeting agenda, can be linked to on our website aleghenymountainradio.org. This link can be found with this agenda story in the news section of the website.
Prior to adjourning, each Board Member will have a chance to address the Board and the public with ideas, or concerns.