Pocahontas County Board of Education Meeting Agenda, Tuesday, 7-30-19
On Tuesday, July 30th at 6:00 p.m., the Pocahontas County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at the Board of Education Conference Room in Buckeye with the following agenda.
The meeting will begin with approval of the minutes from the last Board of Education meeting. After approving of the agenda for its current meeting, the Board will hear comments from the public – called “Delegations.”
Next the Board will receive Mr. Beam’s Superintendent’s Report and any Special Recognitions he wishes to offer followed by an informational report from Dr. Kathy D’Antoni, Assistant State Superintendent of Schools, Division of Technical and Adult Education.
The Board will then examine and consider approval of the following financial matters:
- The payment of vender claims in the amount of $112,414.99.
- The payment of Local Government Purchasing Card charges in the amount of $13,132.46.
- A list of school support organizations for Fundraiser 2019-2020.
- A bid for diesel, gasoline and heating oil -bidder and terms to be specified at the meeting.
- The roll-over of the bids from Broughton Foods per the terms of last school year for the upcoming school year.
- The roll-over of the bids from Flowers Baking Company per the terms of last school year for the upcoming school year.
- The acceptance of a bid for produce from a company to be named at the meeting for the upcoming school year.
- Their Summary Schedule of Revenues and Expenses on a Cash Basis through the month of June 2019.
- The July 8th and the July 22th employee payrolls
- Extra Duty Pay for the month of July.
The Board will then consider the following from the Miscellaneous portion of their agenda:
- Approval for Casey Griffith and Jenifer Nail-Cook to travel to Reston, Virginia on July 31, 2019 to attend a professional development workshop – to be paid for by Math4Life funds.
- Approval for Andrea Sharp, a resident of Randolph County to enroll her son in the Pocahontas County Schools for the upcoming school year.
- Approval of a contract with Diana Smith, a Certified School Psychologist to provide services in the upcoming school year.
- Approval of a West Virginia Pre-K agreement with School Days Child Care, effective August 26, 2019 through May 22, 2020, wherein the parties will collaborate to provide Pre-K services to up to 20 children for the upcoming school year.
- Final approval of three policies: The Personnel records Policy; the Parent Involvement Policy; and the Critical Need/Shortage Substitute Teachers Policy.
- Approval of a Service and Professional Personnel agenda
They will then end the meeting with a “matters of the Board” session where each Board Member can speak to the Board and to the public, followed by adjournment of the meeting.